Thursday, August 20, 2009

18 months old... basically a grown-up





Yeah, that's me... talking and texting on my cell. 
 I have to be able to stay in touch these days with my people.

Lately, I've been keeping busy by keeping Mommy's mind off of how pregnant she is (she's really pregnant, people, REALLY PREGNANT!), so that usually involves me running around and having her chase me; 
reading me books, sometimes I read to her; 
playing with Tig;
going to parks;
you know, stuff like this.
Speaking of parks... I recently went to a place that is... well, it's unbelievable!
It's a playground, AND a water park!
There are things that shoot out water at you, buckets of water that dump on you, and you can just run through water!  It is so amazing!
Then when you're done playing in the water, you can just run on over to the playground and swing and slide and have tons of fun!
Whoever thought of this was brilliant!!
Anyway, this is what I've been up to.
Love,
Lucy

A Note From Mom:
The pictures of Lucy's faces are to show the looks that I get numerous times each day now.  Sometimes they are meant to be sassy, but for the most part, I believe she's just experimenting with her facial expressions.  It also makes me realize how often I raise my eyebrows at her throughout the day.  The picture of her running away is to show what else happens numerous times each day... Lucy running.  She just loves to run.

Also, an Ellyott update:
She will be here Friday, August 28th at 9:30 in the morning... if not before then (by the looks of things, it will be Friday.)  I'm almost 39 weeks, and my body is doing nothing in regards to birthing a baby. :)  So, the c-section is scheduled, and we are getting ready for her!  
Lucy has been so fun to watch through this, as she hugs and kisses my belly many times a day and "shares" her juice and snacks with Ellyott.  I'm excited to see her reaction to actually having a real baby at our house.  We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Lucy has a blog?!? My life just got so much better!

Grandma K. said...

Oh Lucy! Those facial expressions need to be posted and taglines put on them! Just what was going on inside that cute little head of yours??? I would love toshare the looks on Facebook to show all my friends what a little cutie you are and full of "spice"!! I think you should of been a redhead!!!!

Riss said...

I can't believe the baby will be here!! Hopefully we will be able to come home soon and see her!