Friday, December 31, 2010

Another wonderful season comes to an end...

Little Elly was very sick on Christmas... but doesn't she look so cute in her  polka dot long johns??

Just baking up some cookies.

I'm basically a chef now.

Some cool new shades to add to our collection.

Mmm!  I love my Pez.



Oh Christmas... you come and go so very quickly every year.
We enjoyed so many feast and festivities this last week!  We began with Grandma and had some major fun getting started on the presents.  Unfortunately, little sis became sick and was throwing up all night ALL over Aunt Anna's and Uncle Bryan's floor.  She seemed to still enjoy herself though.

The next morning we headed out to Grandpa Strain's house and had a blast and a very yummy breakfast Aunt Lindsay prepared.  And then more presents. And Elly still throwing up and then crashing in her little pack n' play back in Grandpa's room... so sad.  

We went home for a few hours to rest and then...

On to Grandpa Albrecht's house for a feast and yep, more presents!  And a train which I could not get enough of.  Elly was still not feeling too well but no throwing up, just lots of cuddling with Mommy.  I have to say that tends to be my favorite place as well when I'm not up to par.

Finally home to sleep!  And little did I know what was going on out in the living room.
My Daddy... the greatest guy on earth in my eyes (and I'm pretty sure Mommy's and Elly's as well!) was constructing my new kitchen!  Oh it's so lovely and wonderful.  
I bake cookies.  I make soup.  I wear a chef's hat.  And make lots of tea.
No one in my household will ever go hungry or thirsty thanks to this gift.
It's wonderful.

I don't know too much that happened after I saw that kitchen, but I know at some point over the next few days I saw Great Grandma; my Aunt Judy came to town with Uncle Kyle, Steph (who is getting married next Summer and I'm in the wedding!) and Mitch; I had some good Mexican food and some good family time; and yeah... more presents to open.

The festivities finally ended on Tuesday night when Grandma came over to watch us while Daddy and Mommy spent some good, quality time together celebrating eight years of loving each other madly!  And that was pretty wonderful, too.

Daddy's been home all week; everyone seems to be sick-free for now; life is pretty lovely right now.

No comments: