Wednesday, February 19, 2020

A Note From Mom: Lucy is TWELVE!




Our first little miracle. After having two pregnancies end in miscarriage, it was hard not to be fearful when I found out I was pregnant again. But that first appointment, hearing your STRONG heartbeat put all those fears to rest. You have brought light into my life from the moment I knew of you.


You are so knowledgeable and bright. Your intelligence and memory is bewildering at times. I know that God created you for grand purpose. I pray that you wake up every day and put on that little cloak of humility and go forth in what He has called you to be. 




Your eyes are being opened to the world around you, and it's beautiful to see you walk in maturity and grace; yet still appreciate childhood so much and so well. You are playful and adventurous and so fun to be around. You're going to be the best old lady. 




Life with you is very sweet. It always has been. Twelve years has gone so quickly. I've loved every single minute of it. I thank God for sending you when He did, and for every day He gives us together. You were exactly what your Dad and I needed.




You love a reason to celebrate, and I love that so much about you. I pray that you have a heart that always celebrates... even in the smallest things, I pray that you always find a reason to celebrate this life God has given you. 



The creativity that resides in you is awe inspiring. God has given you an incredible mind that is able to see and design and create all kinds of beauty. I pray that God continues to give you the ability to always find the beauty in everything.



You are so breathtaking, Babe. I catch my breath at times when I look over at you expecting to see my little roly-poly baby and there's a little woman in her place. I have loved walking beside you through life, having you always by my side, my first little bf.


You stand so firmly in truth and wisdom, seeking them out daily. I'm so encouraged by your faithfulness to get up every day and feed your soul. My soul is fed as well. You are an incredible example to us all. I'm so thankful that Elly and Ruby have you to learn from. You love them well, and the love between you all is such an incredible, fascinating gift to me. I know that being the oldest can sometimes be very heavy, and I pray that God continues to strengthen you and refine you through it. You really are such an incredible kid.



I love your heart, Babe. I love your smile and your laugh. I love the way you get startled so easily, and how you know the meanings of all kinds of crazy words. You are such a gift; one that I will always cherish and adore. Happy Birthday TWELVE YEAR OLD!!




No comments: