Saturday, July 3, 2010

Elly likes to be clean

Myself, a bowl, and a bathtub full of water...

plus Elly standing next to the bathtub with no parental supervision...
equals a soaking wet Elly and a water soaked floor.

Mommy and Daddy have been giving me a little more freedom lately. For example, I can go out on the porch or in the back yard by myself and play; I can get into my car seat and buckle myself in; and, as in these photos, I can take a bath by myself. Now this actually does not happen that often because Elly and I usually take a bath together, but on this evening Mommy was making dinner and Daddy was mowing the lawn so I went ahead and took one myself. Elly was supposed to be playing in our room. Now I'm only two, so when it comes to how things work, I usually have some things to learn. However, a situation that involves myself in a tub of water and a wild baby on the loose seems like it could end... well, exactly how it did.

When Mommy heard some very excited noises coming from the bathroom she was immediately stricken with a bit of concern... I'm just assuming this, she didn't actually SAY she was concerned, but she appeared in the bathroom rather quickly. The look on her face made me want to pour as much water as I possibly could as quickly as I possibly could all over Elly. I knew that perhaps that wasn't the best choice for that moment, but I did it anyway.

Mommy gasped.

Elly squealed... with delight, I might add.

I filled my bowl with more water.

I was then pounced upon. And scolded. But it kind of looked like Mommy may have been laughing, so I filled my bowl up again. And then the bowl was taken from me and clothes and towels were flying everywhere! Elly was now in the tub. Mommy was taking wet towels out of the bathroom, and Daddy walked in thinking we were the cutest things he'd ever seen.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

What a great way to start my day reading about your adventures, Lucy!! I just love you!!