Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Note From Mom: Lucy is NINE YEARS OLD!




Oh, Babe... nine years old. I can't believe you're nine years old.

You are a beautiful, beautiful soul. You are so filled with purpose... and you're nine. You speak truth with such confidence and it's been incredible to watch that over this last year. I pray that the Truth that fills you will be covered in compassion and gentleness and that you will be courageous and purposeful in your words and your actions.

I've witnessed many moments this last year where your eyes were open to the Beauty and the Grace that knit you together. Your heart was being captured. The day you decided you wanted to follow Jesus, will be a day that I continue to rejoice over again and again. We know that God's ways are not our ways and I pray that you will crave HIS ways. I pray that you will always see the beauty in His purpose, and that you will cling to His grace. I pray that through life's pains and joys, you will always be a reflection of Beauty and Grace.

You are so smart and equally hilarious. You just recently read Little Women, a 47 chapter book that you managed to finish in less than two weeks. That's incredible and I hope that you will always have a yearning to read. I pray that the treasures you read will create beautiful places in your mind that you can visit whenever you'd like to. You are infatuated with France right now, and even learning some basic French phrases online. I hope one day we are hand in hand looking out from the Eiffel Tower (and I'm sure we'll both have tears streaming, because it will just be too beautiful for us to handle), and that it will just be one of the many, many adventures for you around this beautiful Earth.

My little Lucy, you were such an incredible gift to me the moment I knew you were there, but with each year that comes and goes, I see more and more of what an indescribable gift you are to me! I just needed you SO much, and I'm so thankful to be your mom.

I love you, Babe... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: