Friday, June 30, 2017

A Note From Mom: Judah is SIX!!!!



{photo: Kacy Meineke Photography}

Oh, my sweet little Buddy... you're six years old today. And six still sounds little to me, but I sometimes forget that you are still little. You're so smart and talented, drawing and sketching for hours. You're so tender-hearted and empathetic... way beyond your years. You're ornery, AND so compassionate. You're so good at telling me what you're feeling and what you need, and I need that so much. I need that so I can love you the way you need to be loved, but I also need that because I feel so loved when you share those things with me. You are such an incredibly special gift to me.

This past year has been a very hard year for me personally. I pray these are not the memories you hold of me, but there is one memory I have of you that took place this last year that I will hold onto and treasure forever. In one of my darkest moments, you snuggled up beside me and wrapped your arms tightly around me and whispered, "I'm just going to lay here and be sad WITH you, Mommy." That changed something in me in that moment. Your love changed me, Buddy. I pray that you are always deeply aware of how your love can transform people. I hope that the One who is transforming you, will use it to bring light to the darkness over and over again.

I pray that you are filled with courage and strength, and that you would be clothed in humility and kindness. I hope that these things will protect you and be used for many, many grand purposes in your life.

Judah means "to thank" which is synonymous with both praise and gratitude. In every season of your life, I hope you find gratitude. I pray that you are always able to praise your Maker for everything... for every joy and every pain, for every blessing given or not given, praise the One who loves you so deeply. I love you, Buddy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments: