Monday, August 28, 2017

A Note From Mom: Elly is EIGHT!!


Eight years have flown by with you, Babe. You are so kind and full of compassion. You are also filled with just the right amount of mischief, which I always know is about to take place because of the twinkle in your eyes (exactly like your Daddy!) and your little dimples show up on your perfectly freckled cheeks. 


You and your sisters and brother have loved me in heavenly ways this last year. You especially have a sense of knowing when I need held, and you snuggle up to me until we fit just perfectly together. You've been my little Snugglebear since the moment you arrived, and it's healed so many, many things within me.



You are one of the most thoughtful people I've ever known. It is obvious that you are very aware of how deeply loved you are, because it pours out of you in your love for others. At your birthday party this year, the first gift you opened was from yourself and you had a huge grin as you read the card, "Happy Birthday, Elly! To me, from me." And it was funny and it made us all laugh with you, but it also moved me so much because it was a perfect visual for me of value. You know your own value, you already know how to nourish that within yourself, and because of that, you see the value in every other living thing that your Maker has created. It's beautiful and humbling to witness. 




I pray that your love deepens more and more for the One who loves you so deeply. I pray that you will always have eyes to see people in the same way Christ sees them. Your kindness is magic, and I pray it will be used over and over for many grand purposes. I have a feeling that just as you've healed so many things in me with your affections, the Healer of all things will continue to use them along with your compassion and empathy to bring healing to many more. Happy Birthday, little Sweetness! I love you so very deeply. 




No comments: