Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Note From Mom: Ruby Jane is FOUR!!




I tried really hard not to take any moments for granted over the last four years. But I have. And you've grown. And you're just as precious and dazzling as the day you arrived, Ruby Jane! I'd give anything to just swaddle you up into a little burrito again and snuggle you next to me all day. The day you entered into my life on this Earth, I saw myself in a brand new way.



This happened every time each of you kids were born, a new reflection of myself. New beauty to see, new scuff marks to buff out. I would have twenty-five more of you if I could and if that happens I will savor each those baby burritos more and more, but when you came along, I felt like you made the set complete. There was something about you that just made me feel completely at peace.


In the last few years, along with that peace, you've brought remarkable joy to this home... and have made each of us want to pull our hair out in complete frustration because of something you've colored on, hid in a funny hiding place, broken... you are unstoppable in your ideas. I love that about you! You are strengthened with a vision and a way to put it in action. And even at four years old, your words and body language, could more than likely get me to do anything. I pray that your vision remains completely focused on the things above and that when given the opportunity to put it into action, you always work diligently and humbly.



You love people deeply. DEEPLY. Great Grandma is your best friend, and even after Uncle Jimmy passed away earlier this year, you still regularly tell me how much you loved him and still really miss him. You are passionate. I pray that passion always remains the fury of your heart, and when you love something or someone, you do it deeply and unconditionally.



You have impeccable style. You daily ask me and/or your sisters, if what you are wearing is "boootiful". I pray you always are clothed in compassion and grace and mercy and kindness and cloaked in Love. You turn heads with that beautiful little smile and sweet little face... may they always be a reflection of your beaming, radiant heart.


My sweet little baby... you will always be. You have taught me so much, and I'm so thankful for your unconditional love for me and all the koala hugs and kisses. I love you, Babe! Happy Birthday!


No comments: