Monday, February 19, 2018

A Note From Mom: ONE DECADE of Lucy Jo




















That first time I heard your heart beating, my heart grew 10,000 times larger. When I saw Dad holding you for the first time, I was so tired and worn out and still had so much medicine in me and I couldn't hold you myself. So, I just laid there watching him talk to you and hold you close and had so many thoughts of how much I loved him and how I loved you so so SO much. Then I was finally able to hold you and I was in love. And I'm still just so in love with you.

You were, and you still are, an indescribable gift.

Your life is a gift, Babe. I pray everyday that you wake up with the readiness to bring glory and honor to your Maker. He has already gifted you with the knowledge of the deepness of His love for you. Cling to that love, and never let it go. There will waves of joy and sorrow throughout your life, let that love be your anchor. There will be roads that you do not want to walk, cling even more tightly to that love and trust that His ways are so very different than ours, and they are perfect... always.

You are a light and I know that you will be used to continually radiate the darkness.

I pray that you always stand firmly in truth, that you will be filled with discernment and integrity, and that you will clothe yourself in compassion and kindness. May humility and gratitude be your constant companions. Whether you are speaking words of truth or out of integrity, or you are humbling yourself in incredible acts of kindness, do it all in love. Words are powerful, kindness is powerful, and bound in love they can be transforming.

I'm so proud of you, Lucy. I'm constantly amazed and fascinated by the way your mind works. I'm just so excited to see what this next decade holds in store for you. Happy 10th Birthday, Babe!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!


No comments: