Saturday, June 30, 2018

A Note From Mom: Seven Years of Judah!








Oh, my sweet Judah. You are growing up and becoming more and more incredible as you do! You continue to have such a tender heart, especially towards babies and younger kids. This last year, you have taken more of a role as one of the older kids, but you still linger and I love that. You could play up in your room by yourself all afternoon, or have a Judah/Elly day or Judah/Ruby day and be happy either way. You know when you need rest, and I really love that about you and hope you continue to foster boundaries for yourself as you grow. I pray you always find freedom in them. I pray you live a life of freedom, and that it would allow you to see people and love them the way that God does. I hope you always seek to see people the way God sees them.

We don't get too much one on one time together, which is probably why you always want me to come "check on you" once you've gone to bed. Once I'm up there, you snuggle up close and try to keep me there as long as possible coming up with jokes or stories to keep me just a bit longer. I love it. I don't ever want to take that for granted, or let those moments pass. I know that I only have you for a short time, and I want to take advantage of it. I hope you're always okay with me checking on you. As we grow older, I know that our relationship will change over and over again, but you're my only son and that's very special to me. You will always be very special to me.

You are so kind to me and thoughtful of my needs and God continues to use you to soften my heart and open my eyes to the deepness of His love for me. I'm so proud of you and I'm SO THANKFUL for you!!! I love you, Buddy! Happy 7th Birthday!!!!

No comments: