Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Note From Mom:

Recently, Lucy has been making our grocery shopping experiences quite memorable.  On one occasion, I was getting something out of the freezer section and turned back around just in time to see that she had opened the carton of eggs and was trying to get them out as quickly as possible before I could get to her.  She managed to keep one and immediately threw it over the cart right in the middle of the aisle!  So we had to go find an employee and let them know of our mess.  Fortunately, there was already a spill in that aisle and someone was on their way to come clean it up.
This last experience involved pretty much the same situation except instead of eggs, it was a small carton of watermelon!  She had already thrown it into a middle aisle refrigerator once and cracked up about it.  I turned my back to get something and again turned around just in time to see her throwing it over the cart, the carton exploding open, and her letting out a nice hearty belly laugh about it.  This time though, she did it right in front of an employee, so we didn't have to go far to apologize.
I've also recently been asking her if she's gone crazy and she smiles and nods her head!  My next question is if she's teaching her baby sister to be crazy as well to which she also smiles and nods.  So... I'm looking forward to the next few years with some little crazies!!

3 comments:

Tracy Lies said...

Hahahaaha! oh boy...thank you for the good laugh. And...welcome to my world Nicole!!! Thank heaven for crazy little girls :-)

Grandma K said...

Grandma wants to know how she was even able to reach the eggs! Lucy, honey, it's not your fault if mommy put the eggs too close to you!!! I am afraid though that craziness runs in the family of Albrechts, I kept your cousin Haley and her little sis, Riley for just about 2 hours today...yes I would have to say there is some craziness running in the bloodstream! Ah but I love all these little girls in the family!!!

Riss said...

I think I'm gonna LOVE being a mom someday! :)