Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A rainy, but super fun, day at the zoo

Well, this is how we started out.
But, we were soon having a blast...
and snacks...
We played on this rock for quite a bit. We both kind of like to climb on things.
The lions and tigers were being super lazy today, it was a perfect day for it.
This was the only shot that Mommy was able to take quickly enough with us both looking and of course, both saying "CHEESE!".
This was a closed off area that we REALLY needed to check out.
We pretended this tiny lion was a horse. I even made horse noises and said "Yee-haw" while I rode it.
Elly and this little guy chatted it up about being wild and shared great stories with each other.
All of a sudden, Mommy said, "Taylor? Hey, where did Taylor go??"
And then around the corner she came as fast as she could!! Yelling and screaming! :)
It started out kind of drizzly, so we just visited the animals inside the buildings for awhile. Then we decided it was just best to have some lunch and once we were done, it was a great day outside. So, then the fun really began! Taylor and I were able to run, and run, and run some more. We were pretty worn out on the way home, and I crashed as soon as I was home cozied up in my bed... as did Mommy and Round Baby. Taylor, however, does not have that Mexican blood running through her so siestas are not her thing. :) Mommy asked her if she wanted to come home with us and take a nap and she just smiled and said no.
**A NOTE FROM MOM**
On the way home, Lucy was seriously so wiped out she was just laying her head on her little blanket and not making a sound. Taylor kept asking her something and then ask, "Kay, Luc? Luc? Kay?". Then she'd say something else again and then again ask, "Kay, Luc?". Lucy finally responded by saying quite intensely, "NOOO! Night, night."
Meaning... "Cousin Taylor, whom I adore and love, I would rather not be talking right now, but would prefer to lay my head on my blanket."
I really LOVE little girls. Who knew???

No comments: