Friday, August 1, 2008

My busy July

Well again, I have become so busy that I've not made time to keep up on my blog!  I'm so sorry to my faithful onlookers.  Mommy and I are really going to try to be better!

The month of July was fun, busy, and HOT!  Mommy and I are frequently at the pool and I really enjoy the water.  I love to kick, I love to splash, and I love to jump into Mommy's arms and pretend that I swim across the pool (and actually I guess I pretend to jump in, too, because I can't really do that!).  We see Aunt Lindsay and Taylor there a lot, and I've also made a few friends each time I've been there.  It's a blast!

My first celebration of my freedom proved to be as chaotic as Mommy warned it would be!  I did love the sparkly fireworks, and Daddy seemed to be having a really great time.  I think here in the next couple years the two of us are going to have a really great time celebrating together!

We were fortunate for a few days this month to have some overcast, rainy days and I took advantage of the puddles!  Grandpa Albrecht and I went out and played in them and it was pretty fun.  I also took my first trip to the zoo.  I was a little sleepy so I just wasn't that into it until I saw the gorillas.  I liked them a lot.  And Mommy noticed that I kind of sit like a little gorilla.

I'm into everything that I can get my hands on!  I can't wait until I can start crawling and REALLY getting into things!  I've mastered getting on my hands and knees, but I can't quite figure out how to get moving, so I usually just roll over and then just roll everywhere.  Mommy sets me in one place and if she turns her back for a second, I make my move and I'm across the floor in a flash!  I also love to help Mommy with everything.  If she's in the kitchen making something, then I feel I need to be right in there with her.  I really enjoy rolling out dough... and then sticking my fingers in it before Mommy can catch my hands!

Tig and I are best pals!  She just cracks me up.  She barks, I laugh.  She jumps, I laugh.  She runs after her ball, I laugh.  I just really like her a lot!  And she LOVES to kiss me every chance she gets!

Hope you enjoy the pictures of my life!
Love, 
Lucy


No comments: